Monday, December 12, 2011

How do I deal with a rude coworker?

I'm 18 and working my way through college, working part-time in retail. I've been working at my job for almost 6 months and have always gotten along with all of my coworkers fine. However, this new girl who's in high school was just hired and is nice to literally everybody, except for me. She has acted extremely rude toward me for no apparent reason ever since the second that I politely introduced myself to her when she first began. I don't know why she's doing this, and I wasn't even letting it get to me until I saw that she was talking about me negatively to my other coworkers around the work place, who I'm in good terms with. That's what made it personal. How do I approach the situation? I'm confused, insulted, and mostly upsetHow do I deal with a rude coworker?
The best revenge is to kill her with kindness. It's something most people don't understand and can't compute. Just be saccharine sweet and polite to her. It will show that you're mature, you're not stooping to her level, and she'll look like an @ss for saying negative things about you when you're so nice to her. It does no good to shoot daggers or show her that you're upset because she will feed off of that.How do I deal with a rude coworker?
put spiders in her backpack
You need to talk to HR and have her talked to or disciplined.



This is a terminating offense in most companies.
Honestly, if i were you, i'd let this pass. Are you going to let a little high school girl ruin your day(s)?? Be the mature one and just let her do whatever she wants and i'm sure that the coworkers think she isn't very nice talking smack about the people she works with. I guess you can confront her, but i'm sure that might just stir things up. I worked with quite a few rude people too and when i see them now, they are flipping burgers in a fast food joint hahahaha.
She will probably bury herself in time... You could try asking her, make sure plenty of people are around and in it not on work time for any involved.

Try not to take it personal, it probably has nothing to do with you. The people she is talking to will see what she is doing... use the who kill her will kindness strategy, works every time and really shows what kind of person she is and You are.!
DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some time people make perception about others only after seeing or listening. Without even knowing much about that person. Or may be she is trying to show you down compared to her in front of others.



But you can change her perception or thinking. Try to be nice and polite to her. Try to find some time and talk her what problem she is having with you. Try to sense her thinking. If she feels comfortable with all these then behave as you are her elder sister and try to make her understand.

In that way she wont feel you as competitor and she might get lowered.



I am not telling it will work 100% but you can try. There are chances.



Good luck!!
The people whom you are on good terms with will see what's going on. If it is affecting the work environment it could be a problem for HR but they usually expect coworkers to work out any personal problems on their own, at least from my experience.



Maybe talk with one of the other coworkers you trust and kind of get a feel for how effective her remarks are. You may find that they all dread seeing her come towards them because she sounds like a broken record. Any kind of animosity would just seem like it is proving her point so I would go with the ';Kill her with kindness,'; strategy as much as it might grate on your nerves. She's obviously an unhappy person and probably won't last long.



Hope it helps. Good Luck.
(1) Give it time

(2) Let her recognise you

(3) Recognise others around her

(4) Move along with your work

(5) She may not like a lot of things about your type of males.

No comments:

Post a Comment