Monday, December 12, 2011

What Should I do with my life? Career assessment help?

First of all, I am a 20 year old female. I'm also married to my husband of 2 years. Ever since I graduated high school, I was doing some thorough research on what I should do with my life. I don't want to be stuck at home and rotting away, you know what I mean? So I wanted some ideas of a career that I would ';most likely'; love and whatnot. Here is what I like to do:



1. I love animals. I know that as a fact because every animal that I see (even if it's a snake or a tarantula) I would adore. :) AND I hate animal abuse.

2. My favorite classes back in high school were keyboarding and health class. I also liked JROTC but... that wasn't really considered a class. More like an extracurricular activity. BUT I loved it!

3. I love nature. Especially weather and space. I always wanted to see the northern lights and a tornado up close... lol. Call me crazy... But I'm more of a observant kind of person.

4. I know this probably won't help all that much but I love to sing. I sang in competitions since I was 10 years old and ever since then, I loved music. Sightreading music is fun but I never understood how to read it well.

5. I am not a people person. I know how to get along with people just fine, if I know them (like say, my coworkers... I always get along with them) It's the grumpy, angry, depressed ones that I try to avoid. So retail and customer service is definately out of question. Plus, I'm a quiet person and always have been.

6. I like doing surveys. It's very informational and makes me wonder about the world.

7. I love to travel. Travelling to different countries can be adventurous (I was in Korea between 1999-2003 which was extremely fun) Plus, it's a learning opportunity.

8. I know a lot about the air force. My dad was in the air force for about 20 something years. And he loved it. My family is very military oriented. My grandfather and his brothers all went into the navy the same time. My dad, of course, the air force. And then my sister went into the navy also. And my husband is in the army. Since I loved jrotc in high school, i was thinking of going into a military service myself. Plus, I went on a field trip to experience the basic training so I already know what to expect. (Lucky me... lol.) But, it wasnt ... fun. lol.



So any suggestions? Serious answers only please! :)What Should I do with my life? Career assessment help?
do you have a zoo in your area -- if so apply for a job -- if no opening ask to be a volunteer until a opening comes up -- you will enjoy working with the animals and although the pay may not be to great the job can be very rewarding!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment