Monday, December 12, 2011

Nosy neighbor/coworker?

Just recently my boyfriend's supervisor moved in next door, along with another one of his coworkers. Our apartment building's walls are very thin, so I admit, you can hear mumbling through the walls. We try to be as quiet as possible. Yet everyday this supervisor heckles and bothers my boyfriend about ';not being able to sleep'; because of ';too much noise';, rudely implying us. We're quiet and we mind our own business, but what else can we do? I want to give the supervisor a clear message to mind her own business and stop harassing my boyfriend over trivial matters. He doesn't want to complain because he has to work with her and wants to maintain friendliness, while I want to get a clear message across anyway possible.

How can i get this crazy woman to leave us alone?Nosy neighbor/coworker?
You guys were living there when she decided to move in. That was her decision and she should not have made it, then. Don't try to alter your lifestyle to please her. It doesn't matter if she's his supervisor. She is not his boss when they are not at work, and she can't control his home life. If she is having problems there then she is always free to find another place to live. You should not have to tell her anything about leaving you alone. Just don't worry about her. You and your boyfriend need to make the decision to live your lives the way you always have and the woman will just have to deal with that. Or go away. It's her choice.Nosy neighbor/coworker?
You can't her mind is made up and the only choice you have is to move away from the b*tch.
I would just tell her straight out that you are very quiet and love when your neighbors are also. Tell her she may want to look at the others in the building (if there are any). You do want to keep the peace with people, but when you're falsely being accused of something they need to be set straight.
You are right, she is rude. Is she asking him these questions at work in front of his co-workers? If so, her behaviour is totally inappropriate and defamatory. She should not be a supervisor with those people skills.



He is not complaining if he confronts her on her inappropriate behaviour. She, as his supervisor, has crossed over the line and what goes on after hours and not at work is none of her business.



If she is just saying this to him with no one around, (and it was me she was grilling) I would ask her point blank to explain what type of noise she is hearing (and I would patiently wait for her answer with a straight face). If she dishes out some sort of sexual innuendo, I would ask her directly why she seems to be so preoccupied with what is going on in my life.



Or, he could approach it with humour. When she talks about the ';too much noise'; coming out of your apartment, he could say ';yeah, I have been meaning to talk to you about that. Perhaps you should come over - we have concerns about the noise level too.'; and just leave it at that. A big open question that she will be wondering exactly what he meant by ';too much noise';. If she does take him up on the offer and comes over, he could guide her to the fridge or air conditioner (or some other potentially noisy appliance) and just stand there looking at it making small talk about calling in a repair man or the building superintendent to have a look at it. You could totally play dumb to her sexual innuendo - if she is not getting a reaction out of him (I assume she is trying to embarrass him) then she will stop.
I have been through situations like this so many times. Guess what? I got fired for telling this person off. Didnt use any profanity. I just gave them my thoughts. Told this stupid woman that I really didnt give a damn about you trying to control me. A few days later I got fired because apparently I dont have any friends at the workplace and that woman happens to have a LOT of friends at the workplace.



It pisses me off and I understand your situation. They try to control you like this and when you stand up for yourself and make them realize they cant control you then they find stupid little reasons to get you fired. Im sure they will come up with something eventually.



I think he should start looking for a different job so that he can quit the job while you tell this woman to mind her own Frigwgihjaweligjain business!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment