Monday, December 12, 2011

How to deal with an incredibly obnoxious coworker?

I work in a restaurant and all of us get along very well for the most part.



However, there is this one that terrorizes me nonstop. I swear, this girl must have been raised by wolves. She has absolutely no manners whatsoever. Everyone finds her obnoxious, but I'm usually the one that she targets. She'll threaten me and push me or shoot dirty looks at me while walking by. Everyone else notices it too. She always tries to tell me how to do my job (I've worked there 2 years and know what I'm doing).



Today the minute I walked through the door she started screaming at me and threatening me, accusing me of helping other servers steal her pens (which I don't). I got so angry that I started crying (and I NEVER cry in public) and had to run to the bathroom and try to pull myself together.



I have less than two months left here (then I go to college), but I don't know if I can take much more of her before I flip out and quit.How to deal with an incredibly obnoxious coworker?
Hello. I've had the pleasure of dealing with very negative people at work, and it certainly isn't easy. What I can suggest is that you tell your boss about what's been happening to you (there's usually more than one boss you can go to in the restaurant business - the restaurant owner, the manager, the assistant manager, etc). Hopefully, at least one of them will be sympathetic to your complaint. Also, if and when you get harrassed in the future by this person, immediately go to your boss and tell him or her what just happened. Also, don't take being shoved by this co-worker. Shove back and threaten to sue her....As an aside, if you act confident, people will be less likely to treat you in a bad way (I've learned that lesson the hard way)....Take care.How to deal with an incredibly obnoxious coworker?
get one of dem bic pens aright! chew up some paper stick the shitz in the hole and blow hard on that mofo cource that when da ****** has her back turned LOL straight up shitz or get some of them brass knuckles and tame her azz.....much luv
Have you talked to your manager yet? And do customers ever complain about her?



If you can't reach your manager, try sitting down with her and talking to her one on one and if you can't do that, get one of your other co-workers to go with you to talk to her. You don't want to tell your co-worker to tell her your complaints because then she'll come to you and most likely threaten you again.



But if you can talk to your manager, tell him or her that no one can work well with this girl and she repeatedly harasses you.



p.s. if she shoves you don't shove back and if she screams at you dont scream back...that will just escalate things and probably turn into something messy.



Hope you get this resolved!
She obviously is a bully and she sees that you are weak so she goes after you. Next time go to head boss and report her antics before she gets you in trouble somehow. You also need to join a gym and take up kickboxing to relieve that stress. It's a shame no other coworkers will back you up and go to head boss with you to report this bully.
I have an evil neighbor. Ok so she's probably not actually evil but she acts like it. Honestly I think she's just lonely or mentall ill or both, but she harasses me no end, and at times has really made me very angry. What I did was I googled all kinds of pranks or other types of 'revenge' that are both safe and legal (there are actually websites devoted to this, lol). I never ended up doing any of it, but it was good therapy to read it and laugh and 'imagine' doing it to my psycho neighbor. She still bugs me, but I know that like your own evil chick, she will be out of my life soon enough and I'll never see her again. Just focus on that. :)

In the meantime if she does something that is actually against your workplace's policy you should report her. Or just avoid her as much as you can. When she gets stupid with you (ie, telling you how to do your job) just laugh at her, or be sarcastic like ';really? you put the silverware INSIDE the napkin? Holy ****, why didn't I think of that! good thing you're around...'; lol

good luck ;)
Next time she screamed, you scream louder! Bullies will back off when their target speak up! Tell her to knock it off!
You really need to tell your manager. He could very well ignore the obnoxious comments, but stress that she has physically pushed you. He/she cannot ignore anything resembling violence. If she gets physical again, call the police.
  • short hair cut
  • Is it ok to put my quilt in the dryer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment