Monday, December 12, 2011

How do you think I should react to my coworker who seems to be slightly passive aggressive?

There are a few coworkers that I have who I don't enjoy talking with because I think they're annoying. And I'm the type of person who likes to focus on my work and get things done to the best of my ability. One of my coworkers, who I get along with and enjoy working with, sometimes seems to be dropping, what I think to be, insults disguised as compliments. Like today he said something about how we as a team are so laid back and easy to get along with. For me, I think I'm kind of the opposite. Since I like to get things done and pay attention to detail, I wouldn't call myself laid back. But I don't think that is a bad thing to be or not to be laid back. It's just a personality style... And there are some people that I don't get along with just because they annoy me. But there are others that I get along with very well...



So I have no idea if I'm possibly being too sensitive and making a big deal out of this coworkers comments.



But what do you think of it? I seriously believe that he might be trying to drop a hint to me that I'm uptight and hard to get along with for some people. But I already know that I am and don't really care because I'm okay with being who I am. Not everybody gets along with everybody else... And hardworking people who like to focus on work are valuable to this world... As are people who are so laid back and more social than hardworking... Each has their proper roles in the world...



Should I ignore his occassional comments? Should I talk to him casually about it? Or should I give him a dose of his own medicine and drop hints that he is too non-confrontational? (i don't like being the type that is vengeful though)How do you think I should react to my coworker who seems to be slightly passive aggressive?
Yup, this could be very uncomfortable- or, you could look at it in a way that makes you feel better.

The only thing you can control is yourself- and your reactions to things.

If you're right about this, it won'thelp anyone to try to talk about it.

But if you're wrong, you look more uptight, and you are undoing what was a nice compliment.

Err on the side of caution- it's all in your head, it's about your insecurities, but over all,

it's just not even about you.

I take things way too eprsonally, too, but the thing is, we are the kind of people who can't get along and keep jobs if it gets in the way.

Try to believe the best!How do you think I should react to my coworker who seems to be slightly passive aggressive?
You're overthinking, overreacting and overcomplicating. Relax chill calm down and put your focus and energy on your work not on imagined slights from co workers.
Oh, I know what you mean.



When someone tells me how ';laid back and easy to get along with'; I am it just makes me want to sharpen all the pencils at my desk over and over again until all 28 of them are really, really sharp. Then I JAM the sharp points under my fingernails to distract me from the pain of their back-handed complements...



...time to lighten up Marty.
Well being a woman that WAAAASSSSS in the exact same situation with a few women who did the same to me. I would just be pleasant and not say anything and continue to work. I was you and got laid off for being uptight and didn't get along with others. All I wanted to do was work and not socialize because that is what the boss paid me for. Too bad the boss fired the best worker for working too hard. Doesn't make sense and I'm still pissed off as hell. I don't understand it at all. Just socialize during breaks to ';seem'; like you're getting along. Good luck to you. I hope it works for you, better than me. I was their best worker and most punctual and dedicated.
Each person has his/her own perception of the work environment. He may have come from a place where people are so uptight that they become hysterical. Give the guy a break. He's only reporting what his experience is. And it's quite a compliment that he feels so comfortable working with you and your colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment