Monday, December 12, 2011

How to get along with Asian People?

I once had a job at this small office and the guy 1st told me that Asian people like to only hire Asians, but they wanted to bring someone else in...Meaning a different culture, I guess I didn't work out cuz they let me go...and he also reminded me that they have trouble working with other cultures. Well now I may have an opportunity to get a very well paying job but my coworkers are all Asians so my question is ';what can I do to feel comfortable and so they can accept me? I'm going to keep being Mexican and very proud but I do want to keep my job, I'm a very nice person...I think...and i have never had any problems with any coworker before, am actually good friends with all my previous jobs ex-coworkers, so I know its not my attitude. Well if you can tell me why Asians wont accept other cultures and what they like...I would appreciate it.

I believe its Chinese and Pilipino working their.How to get along with Asian People?
I'm Chinese. This sounds ridiculous to me. Do Mexicans have prefer to hire only Mexicans and can't get along with others?



Asians aren't all alike, any more than Mexicans are all alike. Asia is a very large continent. Even among China alone is a very large and diverse country. I've met some Chinese who were shocked that I married outside of my own race. Others, like me, wouldn't blink at racial or cultural differences.



When working with people with whom you may have cultural differences, deal with each person as an individual and address each situation on a case by case basis. Ask if there is any question in your mind that you might be doing something offensive. In any new job, it always pays to ask lots of questions about what your coworkers and bosses expect of you and then to follow up on the answers.



Good luck. Hope your new job works out for you.How to get along with Asian People?
Just be nice to them and don't backstab them. Treat them how you'd like to be treated. unfortunately I don't have good past experiences with Mexican people so it might just be me, but I feel the same way about them that you do about Asians. (I'm Asian).

Report Abuse


I'm Cambodian, I dont have a problem getting along with other ethnicities. I just think SOME older generations have that problem... BUT not all asians do. Thats stereotyping. Just be nice, dont be stuckup. Be simple and easy. I dont think all asians have that problem anyways.
I work with asians and since you are a girl you might be friendly and all that.



I just stay quiet , mind my own business and give them their space.



It doesn't look they are gonna fire me even though I wouldn't mind working somewhere else.
Dress in camoflage keep your M16 clean and yell ';INCOMING'; at random.
very easy, just be very polite, know how to say please and thank you and excuse me; those kind of things. Chinese and Filipinos are basically very good to do business with; smart people and very proffessional, keep up with the flow of business. Learn to speak good English, I mean with the correct tones and accent, because sometimes you may sound really rude (without you knowing it) especially that you speak Mexican spanish. Learn spellings because this is one of their pet peeves, and oh btw, dont forget that you have to dress modestly and drop the clown make up, look very clean respectful..before you know it youll be having chinese lunches courtesy of asian lady who works with you! good luck.
First of all, it is your attitude. You have to get this-them vs. me and my people-out of your head. Granted they may be prejudice but it shouldn't make you follow in with the same energy and way of mind. The best thing for you to do is ignore this way of thinking and go to work to do what you are meant to do. Your job! What you have to do is be yourself and just have a sense of humor. You're there so you can support yourself, your kids, family.....so on. Are you going to let someone take away your food, money, home, possessions because you can't get along at work? NO! You don't want to lose your job to someone else's hate and prejudice. No matter how hard it can be, when you have been hired you have legal powers and rights to be there along with your natural rights. Getting fired for any reason that goes against these rights is grounds for a lawsuit.



Forget your past experience and go on knowing that we are all equal in the workforce and ';different cultures'; doesn't matter. What that Asian guy said to you is disgraceful for all of us. You do not need to act any way to fit in if you have good intentions and respect for others. Treat them how you want to be treated and learn to be a little tolerant of people's stupidity and fear.
I'm Asian and i have friends of many ethnicities.



Yes, there are some of the Asians that are like that, but it is probably because at work that is their social group. I work at this one place where there were a lot of Vietnamese people and they only associate within their group, although one or two do not.



If you worked at a place where the majority of employees where Mexicans, are you going to associate with only Mexicans or with other people of different ethnicities too?

No comments:

Post a Comment