Sunday, November 14, 2010

How can I get along with a coworker who insists on treating me with no respect?

I work with a girl who is younger than me. The job is ordering parts for Fujitsu customers. She has been there 3 years. There is a lot to learn on this job, She is inpatient and is continually being short and snotty with me. I am 51 she is 28. I have always been kind to her untill she started being short and rude with me, I try to avoid her. She is snobby and has her own click at work, and makes up the excuse that she just looks mean all the time it is her way. And that she doesnt talk to me because she does not talk to anyone, which is not true because she talks to all the others, she even talks crazy to the supervisor at times. Because she is good at her job the supervisor also makes up excuses for her behaviour. Everyone knows she has this problem of talking down to people and being controlling and she has had a run in with another girl who wouldnt take they fired the girl and let her go on with her behaviour. She approaches people rudely and strongly. it is makeing me miserable.How can I get along with a coworker who insists on treating me with no respect?
Put your complaint in writing to your supervisor.



And don't worry about her disliking you because of this. It sounds like she doesn't like you any way. Her problem, not yours.



Now as far as she disrespecting you, that's a whole 'nother story. Never allow anyone to disrepsect you. Call her out on it. Call her out on it LOUDLY.



And here's a wonderful line to call her out on. You tell her: ';I don't know who're you think you're talking to, but I've already been raised.';



And say this loudly the next time she tries to disrespect you.



You've tried turning the other cheek. Now it's time to fight fire with fire.



You shouldn't have to be miserable in a workplace where you spend 8 hours a day.How can I get along with a coworker who insists on treating me with no respect?
well

if she doesnt respect you. why should you waste your time respecting her?
Start learning the job from her.



If she refuses then email the boss and then the boss on top and so on.



IGNORE HER AT ALL TIMES



Dont be kind at ALL.



Just do your work do it well and get a name for yourself.



Be businesslike and dont make friends with anyone.



Respect all and if she actually talks back to you then GIVE IT BACK TO HER.



If she orders you to do something ask her to email you ccing the boss or take her to the boss cabin and check first with the boss.



Inform the boss what she is causing to make your work hell.



Coming to work and facing a enemy is painful and hard. Lord knows how painful it is.



If she ever changes and acts nice DONT TRUST ANYONE AT WORK.



In time she will come to respect you. Handle this woman and you can handle 10,000 of them.
She is a brat and a bully.



Were I in your place, I suppose I would confide in her that, although you admire her assertive personality and you're sure she'd appreciate knowing it, that sometimes she's SO strong and blunt with how she speaks to others that it hurts people's feelings and they will remember her for that.



Let her chew on that a while, without you being accusatory or critical. You have given her fair warning.



You may never see the sort of respect out of her that I'm sure you give others. Insensitivity is a very difficult personality trait to overcome. (Reminds me of the William Hurt movie, ';The Doctor';).



Bless you for not eviscerating her.
I do not see how she can be good at her job with that personality. She needs to learn that courtesy is part of any job. How does she treat customers? If she is rude to them, it looks like business would be falling off. That would get the boss's attention. But since she has been there for 3 years, she shoud be over her jealousy of you . She may want your job. I think you should do one of 2 things, get a new job, OR take her out behind the old wood shed and give her an attitude adjustment. I vote for the latter. Good luck.
There is an old adage ';a wise man never argues with a fool'; so try to totally ignore the silly sod!



Hard to do - but it really will work, trust me.



Good luck!
If you like your job and want to keep it, you will have to work for it.

That she is crazy to the supervisor pretty much says it all. Document her behaviour, maybe even keep a work log. She will cross the line one too many times. The sad thing about working with her is if she goes down, you might go down with her. Sometimes when someone in charge is terminated so is everyone who worked for them.

C.C. copies of any communication you initiate with her, and as already suggested, request emailed instructions from her. Keep a log for instructions IN A SAFE PLACE.

Lastly, is there a training manual? Request one in case she ever takes ill or is away on holidays so that you will have procedure to reference to. That is totally reasonable, totally for the benefit of the workplace, and not something administration should overlook. It should be kept within reach of any staff, not put away in her files. That should also give you an alternate resource for information so you can skip past the b*tch you work with when you have a question.
She sounds like shes trying to be the head Hen and your place of employment. I've learned to overlook people like her. Now If I were you I would give her a taste of her own medicine and talk to her the same way she is talking to you. I know that two wrongs don't make a right but I wouldn't tolerate her rudeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment