Friday, November 19, 2010

How does your company deal with rude coworkers?

My biggest complaint is the radio at my job. I work in a laboratory where space is limited. I have 15 coworkers, but the same 3 always dominate what everyone else listens to on the radio -- usually sucky rap, or a station that plays the same 10 songs over and over. Some of my other coworkers grumble about the choice and volume of music, and short of breaking the radio, what can we do? I don't want to fight fire with fire. I have already spoke with the boss of the department where the radio is located, and I really don't want to get human resources involved but I don't feel I have another choice. It is also obvious that one of the three intentionally turns up the volume to avoid communicating with another coworker they do not get along with -- and will sometimes even put on bad country music just to piss people off. Any useful suggestions would be greatly appreciated!How does your company deal with rude coworkers?
Been there. Usualy with a real cheap radio with bad distortion. I don't think you can fight it. Get an ipod do your job and tune out.How does your company deal with rude coworkers?
I work for a small wealthy company in Southern California. They terminate them immediately. No bullshit!
ear plugs
Arrange a group meeting and vote on whether you all want a radio playing in the background or not and abide by the vote.
Hide it for a week or so, bring it back, and just put a blank post-it not on it, They'll be scared to go near it, hopefully.
At my place, they don't. They are afraid of confrontation.

No comments:

Post a Comment