Sunday, November 21, 2010

LGBT: I NEED YOUR HELP?

I'm in a VERY committed relationship but I'm not stupid. Where I work it is very important for me and my coworkers to get along. I am very beautiful and when I go to work I dress very femme. I know when a guy is into me, I can see it and read all the signs. Problem is, every time a situation comes up with a guy I just act oblivious. Men are checking me out, flirting with me, being overly nice. Really really trying hard.



Since I don't really talk to people (for those reasons) no one knows I'm taken or Lesbian. I figure if they did they'd lay off.

But right now I'm just making myself look weird, strange, and stupid. I just got this job and the social situation is getting more awkward which will makes things difficult.



What do i do? Do I call them out? Do I flirt back and act interested for the sake of work going smooth?

Lesbians how do you normally act around interested men?

How do I let them know I'm not interested? Do I act nice? Do I look less attractive?

I literally have no clue how to act in front of a guy. I know how to be slutty, I know what men like but that's impossible. I love who I'm with and she's equally in love with me also! I WOULD NEVER betray her like that! Coming on to strange men and on top of that I am gay.



Help me, how do I handle this situation...? %26gt;_%26lt;LGBT: I NEED YOUR HELP?
You can acknowledge the attention with a (non-flirtatious) smile and tell them, ';I am flattered, but I am already in a relationship';. You do not have to say it's a homosexual relationship.



You could replace that information with, ';I am not comfortable dating at the workplace';.



Both of these let the men-folk know you are not interested without bruising any egos.



If you want, you can e-mail me - I've been a supervisor for the past 25 years and have had a lot of experience with this (and other) HR issues.



Good Luck and hug yer gal!LGBT: I NEED YOUR HELP?
You don't need to change yourself (i.e. making yourself look unattractive.) If you are worried about being out at work, just turn down any offers from guys. If they flirt, don't flirt back. If they make advances, tell them you aren't interested and, if it persists, take it up with a higher authority. Most guys aren't going to jump to the conclusion of ';she doesn't want me because she's a lesbian';; most are going to get the picture that you just aren't interested for any number of reasons. For all they know, you aren't looking or you aren't ready or you just don't ';like them that way';.
I dont think your being fair to your partner by not letting people know your taken,if my man acted that way i would think he would be willing to cheat on me.
it's at work, right? just say it's inappropriate for the workplace and if they don't get the hint complain to HR
Tell them you're a lesbian.

1. it'll get them to lay off with the flirting

2. You then can meet some real friends that don't just want to get in your bed

3. You won't have to flirt behind you girlfriends back and hide who you are :)
I had this problem. I came out to a few of my fellow co-workers that I talked to every day and word got around. Every now and then I get someone who comes up and asks ';so are you really a'; and I just say yep. I'm nice to everyone and everyone is nice to me I just do my job and go home.
Well first of all.. flirting in the workplace is sexual harrassment.. this is exactly the type of problems that sexual harrassment at work bring. This has little to do with you being a lesbian. It has to do with people harrassing and flirting at work when they shouldnt be.



But as far as being a lesbian, I am a gay man and I am strongly committed to my lover and I let people I work with know that I am seeing someone. I just dont give all the details. Its really none of their business anyway. But if eventually you do become close enough to one of your co-workers, maybe you can actually explain your situation to them and tell them you are a lesbian. Its really difficult but everything will work out eventually.
Tell them you are taken, and that should end the argument with these freaks. Be pleasant, and say that your lover found you a very long time ago and that monogamy with your lover is sacred.



You don't have to explain that the lover is a woman, or you can, whatever you feel comfortable disclosing. But you absolutely have a right to work and not be harassed with sex while at work.



I'm a gay man, and so I don't have the same problems that lesbians do at work. Although I swear I just had a long talk with a friend at work about being gay. After an hour long argument about the ';evils'; of gay men in military showers, I assured him that no, as a gay man I was certainly not attracted to him, so relax. Then he was upset that I WASN'T attracted to him. There is no winning with straight people! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment