Friday, November 19, 2010

Regarding my JOB, should I Stay or Leave ?



I work at a staffing company

that does family fun entertainment venues,

Like parks and schools, etc.

I am a hard worker, and have been from the day I started.

My boss even had me, work on his house a few times, I put up his cinder block walls in the backyard, worked on his front lawn, and he has been impressed with me, for a long time.

( I am not bragging or gloating, it檚 the truth )



My position is a staffer/safety attendant.

The pay is okay, my schedule is somewhat shifty,

I might work one or two days,

And be off for the next 1 to 3 weeks.

The job is not very demanding after we finish setting up,

its mostly delivery, setup, staff, and start rolling things and loading them in the trucks/trailers.



My boss is koo,

it檚 some of the employees that I don檛 get along with,

Lazy coworkers, who focus on what your doing,

instead of doing there own job, its very annoying/distracting.

It Distracts me from the focus of what I am suppose to be doing.

And they would sell you out, to make them self檚 feel and seem better in the boss檚 eyes.



I mostly get along with most of my coworkers here,

Its just a few guys that I am starting to lose it with.



I was at work yesterday, and one of my coworkers, just keeps constantly calling me to help him, I help him with one thing, and another, and another.

When I am suppose to be setting up and taking care of other things.

Its been like this from the day he got hired here, I don檛 know what my boss hired him,

His an old man, his lazy, and looks like a drunk.



I am on my break and talking to my brother, and he comes up to me, and asks me to do something, I tell him I am on my break, he still continues, then tells me to get of the phone, I told my brother ill call him right back, so I hang up, and tell him to mind his own business.



I work 8-10 hour shifts, so normally by state law, you should be getting one 30 minutes lunch break, %26amp; two 10 minute breaks. Anything more then 8 hours of working.

So I end up being late for my only break of 15 minutes, when I should be getting 30,

I was late for 2 minutes, and that檚 it, For the rest of the day we got no other breaks,

you stand majority of the time, letting kids in to the bounce houses.



The 2 minutes I was late was due to the fact

That i was getting something to eat, for my only break in 8 hours and got my food late,

Coming back from my break and some guy asked me for information about the company.

I ended up being late.



I just kept hearing **** at the end of the day, on how I was late,

Even though through out the whole time I have been employed here, ( 8 months )

I have seen people be late and not come back until a hour passed.

Even yesterday, few of my coworkers, were late,

The one that was complaining about me being late,

Shut down his ride, I saw him a few times, just walking around not working because the boss left for another job. I didn檛 see him until an hour later. When he came to give me a break.



30 minutes before the day is over, I just lose it with this guys, and the old man,

I was at a point where I just said, **** this job, I quit.

I took the shirt, and just threw it at him, and started walking back with my brother.

Someone went and told my boss how I was late and stuff i kind of have a idea who it was. My boss calls me 10 minutes later and just told me, To cool down and call him on Monday.



The only things,

I am starting to not like is the mix and match schedule,

I am starting to have pain in my lower back again, due to the physical work at this job.



So now I don檛 know what to do,

If I should go back to work, with a bunch of annoying idiots,

i am not trying to be rude, i am speaking what i think of them, and i have reasons and evidence to back my claims and comments.



I don檛 like working with people,

who constantly criticize other people,

Who constantly sell there coworkers out, who tell on other people, like snitches. ( the whole time i been there, i never told on anybody, and got in anyone's way at work, i mind my own business and just focus on my work, so it pisses me off when other people try to shine, in front of the boss by putting you and your values down )





So I am 50/50 right now, and I don檛 know what to do,

whether i should stay, ask for less hours, or just resign ( QUIT )

I really need advice on this, because I am at a cross roads here

Regarding my JOB, should I Stay or Leave ?
1 vote: Quit the job!



Should be at least one foreman their to anticipate who breaks when for lunch and break time.



Move on!



Regarding my JOB, should I Stay or Leave ?
You should look for another job and try to get hired there in something you like to do. For about 2 weeks or so get use to the new job that you might apply for. if your like your new job then you should stick to it. Or you can work at both jobs



I hope this helps good luck
The economy is so jacked up now so I would encourage anyone who has a job to keep it. It sounds like for the most part you enjoy what you do and like your boss. One thing that I have learned is that there will be idiots anywhere you go.....trust me on this. I know you mentioned physical pain in your lower back.....if everything was good at work would you be thinking about your back? Think about that.



It looks like from what you said you have a good relationship with your boss. Do you have a history of being late? If not, explain to your boss what happened.........the person who you say told your boss you were late, is he a manager? If not, I wouldn't worry about it.....maybe your boss will see him as the trouble maker he appears to be.



I would stay, at least until you find another job that you like. I know this is real because its happening to you, however there is so much going on the workplace due to this bad economy.



Hope this helps...........hang in there! :)
An analysis of your question reveals that you have no problems with the employer, emploees, but only with a few elements. Please inform this to the management highlighting the fact that these elements have no other better business other than to criticize their superiors.Please try to find out and document all the negative aspects of these elements in work, document them and put them on defensive.This is a diplomatic manner of silencing these elements.

Secondly, this problem exists in all jobs and job changing on this count is not advisable.

In the present gloomy economic situation around the globe ,changing a job is not advisable .

No comments:

Post a Comment