Friday, November 19, 2010

Social Workers...?

I am having a problem at work getting along with some coworkers. I also have some personal life problems. The two problems are connected. I don't really talk about my work life to my friends because nothing really happens. I mean ever. I don't really talk to to many people just the same ';how's it going'; type conversation that usually leads to nowhere. Plus I don't talk about my friends to coworkers because there are some that I just don't trust at all and don't want them to be nosing into my personal life. So I've been seeing a social worker through my workplace. What things can I say to the social worker and what are things I cannot say that she would maybe say to management? Thing is I think she did say something to management and coworkers know this maybe through a supervisor (who is friends with them)... but I don't know. I have no hard facts. Just a hunch. But what can I say to her and what can I not say?Social Workers...?
Sounds like you're seeing a counselor through your EAP program. That counselor could (and should!) answer that question for you, and in fact is often part of the discussion during a first session. Generally, unless you threaten harm to yourself or someone else, or admit to committing or intending to comit a crime, the counselor is bound by state laws (and their professional ethics) to keep your discussions confidential. (Of course, if the counselor suspects child abuse, they are bound by law to report it to the state.)Social Workers...?
If you feel invaded by the social worker talking to others, you may want to stop and find another one outside your company. Go to the United Way and talk to a rep. I emphasize the United Way alot for people who need to services because they are a wonderful directory of social services readily available for you right in your community.

The feeling of others knowing your problems (at work) is not comfortable and plus, that social worker needs to get confronted with what you feel. She has a license and can get reported for talking about your personal issues. Don't let him or her get away with it if it is going on.
  • php web hosting
  • hair combs
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment