Friday, November 19, 2010

How to deal with an uncomfortable silence?

what do you do when you and your coworker don't get along and it's nothing but uncomfortable silence around the both of you.How to deal with an uncomfortable silence?
I break the silence by breaking wind.How to deal with an uncomfortable silence?
Get a radio?
my ipod helps me deal with that very same thing.
You really don't have to ';deal'; with it. Just get on with your work and never mind the silence. Are you sure the coworker also finds it uncomfortable, or is it just you? Lots of people don't mind silence at all, and don't feel a need to break it.
Try to learn to accept the silence and become comfortable with it.



OR



whistle

Hum

Fart

cough

Sing

Break Dance

Offer her a mont imperial :)
I know what you mean, it's really awkward. The best thing to do is proceed with your work normally, as if nothing's wrong. It will prove you to be stronger.
Just try and make some conversation, even if you don't get along well, y'know?



Like say, ';So, how's your summer been?';



Y'know, things like that.....just small-talk. Good luck!
Enjoy the silence. A coworker insulted me once and I neglected his presence for six years, until I became his boss. By,By blue bird.
just out nice her ( him) smile sparkle and shine even if you have to scream later ,be bigger than them. every one else will notice and you will be a better person for it
I make up my mind that the silence isn't uncomfortable. If I don't mind not hearing their voice (and usually I don't) then I go about what I need to do. Keeping the verbal interaction to strictly work related helps alot.
Use your i-pod. You don't have to like each other. As long as you guys can show each other enough respect to do your jobs - great. It is not necessary that you be fast friends with every co-worker you will ever have.



I would go about my business and do the job to the best of my ability. However, I would never forget that the coworker is there. Just speak to the coworker when it pertains to getting something work related done. Other than that, let their be silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment