Sunday, November 21, 2010

How to word wedding invitation when inviting my female boss?

real dumb question here..... I'm getting married next year and would like to invite my female boss to my wedding along with some of my other coworkers. I'm just not sure how to address the envelope (to her and her husband?) or how to word the inner envelope (her and his first names? or Mr. and Mrs.?) As you can see I'm totally clueless and I don't want to sound like an idiot! Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!How to word wedding invitation when inviting my female boss?
The outer envelope, where you put the address, should be their full names, first and last, or you can use the family name (';The Smiths';):



';Jane and Chris Smith

123 Maple Way

Anytown, AL 55555';



On the inner envelope, you can use familiar names - this is whatever you would call that person. If you would normally call her by her first name, use both of their first names on the inner envelope.



';Jane and Chris';



If you would normally call her by her last name, use that on the inner envelope:



';Mr. and Mrs. Smith';



How to word wedding invitation when inviting my female boss?
you address just like you do to any of the other guests. Mr and Mrs Steven and Cheryl Smith, or whatever their names are on the outher envelope and then ';Steven and Cheryl'; on the inner.
Mr. and Mrs. would be fine unless one of them has an official title such as Dr. Then it would Dr. and Mrs. Roy Sawbones or whatever. congratulations and I hope the wedding goes well for you.
I addressed all my envelopes with there prefixes, mrs, mr, miss, ms etc. So your female boss put Mr and Mrs Johnson (or what ever there last name is)
if you know they are married (and using their husbands last name) you put Mr. %26amp; Mrs. Smith - if you are unsure about marriage or significant others just put Ms.Smith %26amp; Guest
Outter Mr. and Mrs. Smith

inner would be first names

No comments:

Post a Comment