Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I blend in to my work group?

I am an immigrant and I am married to an American. I am well educated and working in IT. I never had issues getting along with my coworkers until I started my job with the state government. I work with 5 men and 5 women. I have no problem with the men but women do not like me. They used to be a group doing everything together and after I started working I cannot find any way to be part of them. They exclude me from any activities ?going out to eat, etc. They all smoke and overweight and some talk badly ?I mean rude. I think they discriminate me because my race ?I am the only minority. I was expecting that government is the place that has the least ignorant people but I am wrong.How do I blend in to my work group?
Ansi, in this country, it is a well known fact that GOVERNMENT has the MOST IGNORANT people. I ask you this: why would you even want to associate with those women? Just do your job well and you will be rewarded accordingly. The best of luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment