Friday, November 19, 2010

Opinions on dealing with the working world... Searching for solutions!?

I have a bit of an issue. I work in a male dominated industry (golf courses) therefore I think that's caused some unspoken ';gender'; backlash. My degree is a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with majors of Marketing and Golf Management (yes GM is a real degree). I have also worked in golf courses for this is my 11th year and of the 11 years 6 of those have been running the pro-shop.



The dilemma:



I moved to a new state (about 1100 mi from home) and I found a job at a great golf course. I do love the member base and I get along with my coworkers very well. I have been at this course for just shy of a year now. The person who is the Assistant Pro (2nd in command to the General Manager\Head Pro) is a male, few months younger than me, his first job ever, and not a degree of any sort (we get along just fine). Chain of command: Head Pro\General Manager; Assistant Pro; Me. However, I have all the job requirements of the Assistant Pro.



My question is: How do I continue to deal with not being paid what I feel I rightfully deserve? Should I question it or should I move on?Opinions on dealing with the working world... Searching for solutions!?
Hi Brittny,



Its a pity you are faced with kind of decision dilemma. I know that its not that easy to come to conclusion but we have to tackle this matter from a realistic point of view. You are NOT there as an errand or volunteer but you left your supposed house and rode for either some minutes or hours before you get to your working place. And you are working because this new place might be better than the old one and enjoy certain facilities there.



All the same i think you deserve whatever that is your right from your place of work. Dont bring in sentiment into it and dont start considering what your Boss or friend might say, if what are about to press is your entitlement, do it its your right. If you ignore or leave it now you cannot ask for it tomorrow. So, you better ask for it now since you deserve it.



Solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment