Friday, November 19, 2010

How to deal with coworkers that don't like each other?

I tend to get along with all my coworkers, regardless of age or lifestyle but I find myself listening to them bashing the other. When I am riding home with one , she is talking bad about another one that I sometimes ride with. They tend to complain about the other (this goes on between about 5 or 6 different people that I work with) and there seems to be one person who doesn't lilke someone else or thinks they are lazy or another who doesn't like someone else for another reason. I like all of them and want to get along with all of them but it is akward to listen to one talk about the other and then later on be talking to the one who was talked about by the other. I try to remain neutral and I never repeat anything to the other person but it is just kinda akward sometimes. I wish we could all get along.How to deal with coworkers that don't like each other?
One thing you could do, is to explain to the person complaining to you something he or she might not know about the person they're complaining about--family or health problems, whatever. You don't want to give away really personal secrets but at the same time perhaps you can show that they are under pressure that the first person is not aware of and so he or she shouldn't take it personally.



You seem to be a good listener, so keep it up, and try to help out when you can without taking sides.How to deal with coworkers that don't like each other?
welcome to the world of working women, especially when there are alot of them in the same space, or department, I work at an office with about 200 people 90 are women, and yes they are catty and it does get awkward, I find that I change the subject, or just listen and not give an opinion and now after several months I dont hear the stuff because they arent getting a reaction from me, so its not fun to talk to me about it. I stay neutral, to me work is work, and I dont like to socialize other then the small talk stuff, it gets too hard when you are into the mix too much.
Dear middle child...........

You know right from wrong LOL

have you heard the term micro-managing??

If I ran around at work trying to figure everyone out I would be mentally exhausted... like you are right now.

You have to ignore stupid people.

Just turn to everyone you know and say...

Please just talk to me about things I NEED to know if you have a problem with Sally,Jessie and Raphael talk to someone that can do something about it....Or Gossiping is against my religion.

And no matter what religion you are...it is.

I am giving you a direct order to give yourself permission

to say...Golly,Molly ... that ain't none of my business .

Love,

yer Mama( in spirit)
  • camcorders
  • get online with ps3
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment