Sunday, November 14, 2010

My first job and nervous...?

I'm 16 female and I'm trying to look for a job. I really don't care about where I work its just that when I was younger I would hear about my relatives not getting along with coworkers and thats what I don't want to deal with. Which is why I would rather work at a small place.

and I'm kinda paranoid about if I were to go to work and mess up then everyone would be mad and start talking trash about me.

How was your first day at work and how were the people?My first job and nervous...?
The first of anything makes us ALL nervous! Try not to second guess what would happen as far as problems and look forward to the opportunities to learn and earn money. Yes people complain about co-workers and office politics and yes, people do get mad sometimes and talk trash about you but you learn how to deal with it. That is the unspoken part of being experienced: getting thru these things and learning.My first job and nervous...?
1. first thing first come. Do your job based on priority. If necessary you can have a checklist book to put whatever you have to do.

2. Do ask explanation about the job including the step by step to do that. So you can minimize wasting your time and energy and making your BOSS disappointed and angry

3. Remember we can't pleased every body, so do not wasting your time, energy and emotion to do that.

4. Also remember not every job suitable to everybody. So after 2 weeks if you still feel misserable with the job including the relationship around the company, it's oke to see another one.

5. Good luck!
I am almost 16 years old and I have had 2 ';first day at work'; experiences, the first at a library. I'd been volunteering for a while before they actually hired me, so everyone knew me. At 14, I was the youngest worker among 6 women, but my co-workers and I got along so well that one of them practically became my Mom away from home. If you work hard, act maturely for your age, and establish a relationship with your co-workers, you should have nothing to worry about. I messed up sometimes, to where I would leave the front desk unmanned accidentally and whatnot, but I didn't become the topic of gossip.



Where you end up working does help with that. Smaller locally-owned businesses do end up having nicer people. I moved from Indiana to Illinois (the only reason I left my old job...I loved it there) and just got hired at a local coffee shop here in town, where I didn't really know who I was working with. I had my first day Thursday. My boss was really friendly, showed me around. His aunt worked there too and she was very friendly to me as well. My other co-worker I could tell wasn't sure about me at first (as I am an almost-16-year-old worker and not an adult), but I worked hard, I remained polite and friendly, and we had no problems at all.



Don't worry too much about it. If you're polite and friendly and you work hard, people aren't going to care if you make one mistake accidentally. Good luck with your job search!
if you're worried about not getting along with your coworkers, i would suggest applying at a larger place. that way, there's a better chance that you'll find someone you do get along with.

No comments:

Post a Comment