Sunday, November 14, 2010

Is it inappropriate for my boyfriend to go to the movies with some of his coworkers?

I've already posted about this but I got some mixed answers so hopefully this will help... I've been dating my boyfriend for almost two years. He works as a designer in a studio and he told me he was going to the movies with 3 other designers- 2 of whom are women. I simply told him it kind of bothered me and I wanted talk about it and he told I was being ridiculous and that there's nothing to talk about. It wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't for the fact I think one of the women is smug and a huge flirt. There was an occasion my parents met her and thought she was flirting with my boyfriend. It's not that I don't trust my boyfriend- I just don't see why they need to go out to dinner and a movie. I think it's a lot different than grabbing drinks or dinner and having other coworkers tag along- especially since it's only 4 of them. They already meet up sometimes on the weekend- I saw all of them last weekend for my bf's birthday and they work 10 hours a day literally right next to each other. My boyfriend has even told me how they talk all day as the work. I've read that the coworker outing is for bonding but I don't see how this will improve bonding because the one coworker is not going to be at the company much longer. I would rather see my bf going out to the movies with friends outside of work- I'm actually comfortable with his friends that are women. Is it wrong I think it's inappropriate that I'm not invited to this outing? Is it wrong that I even wanted to talk about it with him? I think it would be strange if I went to the movies with 2 male coworkers my age without my boyfriend...Is it inappropriate for my boyfriend to go to the movies with some of his coworkers?
in a way you are right. but you should trust him though. if he really loves you, he'll push off women that try to come onto him. without a little faith in a relationship, things won't go well. tell him to have fun..but not too much fun. if you get my drift.



hope i helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment