Sunday, November 14, 2010

My office coworkers are driving me crazy! Suggestions? Help!?

I work in a very small office/business of fewer than 15 employees that is part of a multi-site business. We sit in an ';open office'; configuration because there is a walk-in/retail portion of the business as well. I normally get along with my coworkers, but lately, 2 of people in my part of the office have started to get completely out of hand. Both of them complain entirely too much and make noises when the phone rings and they are busy, etc. We are all usually busy. When you bring a request to them, their first instinct is to complain about it or make a big deal that they are going to have to do their job.



I tried doing the majority of these little tasks on my own, but then these people would complain that it wasn't done 100% correctly or how they would do it. I can't win!



I recently was shifted from accounting/retail sales to sales providing a small amount of accounting support (mostly because honestly there is too much work in accounting for one person). This has swamped the accounting person with a lot of work, so I am sympathetic, but I did not want the change, either, and now I am supposed to be making a lot of sales calls. It is nearly impossible to concentrate to call clients with the complaining and various sighs that are going on in the background. I'm not sure what to do. If I go to management, I look like a snitch (or worse). If I try to tell them they're distracting me during my sales calls, I look lame and petty. I feel if I ignore it, I'm going to go nuts and blow up at someone, something I do not want to do.



Anybody worked in a situation like this? To top it off, I work with 99% guys. There is 1 other woman in the whole office and she works in another department (and never seems to complain about anything...sigh). Sometimes I feel like I'm overreacting, but I feel like the clients can hear them complaining over the phone and it embarasses me. My coworkers will even complain and make a scene when we have customers in house. It's horrifying.My office coworkers are driving me crazy! Suggestions? Help!?
Have a sit-down with your supervisor and lay out the problems in a logical, non-confrontational way to him or her Explain that your work is suffering for the distractions, and the non-professional behavior and that you would like him/her to observe if possible to see if there is some arrangement that might be worked out so you can do your job better. This looks more like you're trying to do a better job than snitching on co-workers, and it will take care of the co-worker problem at the same time.



Under no circumstances should you be doing someone else's job for them, either. Just say no, you're too busy to handle it for them. Do not become a doormat for slackers--it never ends when you do.



Don't make this a guy-girl confrontation thing either--just keep it on a totally professional level and ask your boss for help in doing a better job.



I hope this helps.My office coworkers are driving me crazy! Suggestions? Help!?
There are lots of potential hurdles for teenagers in work, many of them legal, parents are required to be watchful about that. There is lots of guidance from the website in the box below on this topic, they also have guidance for all peeps who are hunting for work, or who are required to change careers.
yes people who do not want to work can be very annoying..



be a snitch, what do you care about what these unintellegent/demanding/picky people think.. if you do not want to be a snitch, just stand up with confidence and say.. this is your job, this is what you signed up to do, it's what you are paid for, I am so focused on doing my job, that I cannot help with yours anymore..if they keep huffing and puffing bring it to management. I would rather be a snitch, than do other people's work for them, unless i get their pay.. plus management might be encouraged by someone who isn't afraid to work and promote you.. then you really can tell them all to get to work!
I'll stay you have to stand up for yourself and try to talk to your colleagues first and tell them to be a little more considerable, if it didnt work out then talk to your boss next. Be prepared to quit this job and look for another. In my opinion working in a bad working environment sometimes isnt really worth it.
You better let a boss know how you feel. If you say that other people are honestly effecting your work in a negative way, you should be able to get help.
  • horses
  • motor cycles biblical
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment