Sunday, November 14, 2010

Is it normal for your fiance' to invite his coworker along with us on weekend outings?

My fiance and I work 40+ hours a week and the only time we really get to spend out is on the weekends. Since he is a teacher and his female coworker is also a teacher they have much in common. Recently for about a month now he has invited her out with us almost every weekend whether to the movies or the bookstore. Is this normal? She is a nice person but I do not really want to see her every weekend. I do not know how to tell my fiance in a nice way without it possibly becoming an argument, misunderstanding (we have discussed male/female situations), or sneaking around. At least she hangs out with us in the open and he has told me of the other times that they have hung out at work together. I just wonder if anyone out there has dealt with this before and how did you handle it? Thanks.Is it normal for your fiance' to invite his coworker along with us on weekend outings?
Ummm no thats no normal!! Just tell him hey the weekend is our time Id appreciate if you did not bring your co-worker along everywhere we go. That's kinda odd seems like he would only want to spnd time with you on the weekends. I think they are spending way too much time together for being co-workers. Id def talk to him and fast. This could possible develope into something else and you wouldn't want that.Is it normal for your fiance' to invite his coworker along with us on weekend outings?
You should just mention to him that you want to do things to him that would make you uncomfortable if she is around. =)
Tell him that you would like the weekends just for yourselves and that he needs to ask you first if it is okay to invite someone. Also it is not normal. I think he may have the hots for her.
Maybe his co-worker doesn't have a life and he's her only friend and he feels bad, who knows. I would just let him know how I feel, he's not a mind reader.
This is not normal. I would explain to your boyfriend that you want to spend quality time alone with him on the weekend. If he objects to this, I would think about not getting together with him on the weekends.
This is Not normal. You are in a triangle relationship whether you realize it or not. The weekends should be your time together but not as a threesome. It's one thing to introduce you to his co-worker and you see them down town or at the grocery store, but to be spending time like that this way is really wrong. All this innocent hugging you're talking about, I think more is going on than you really want to admit to yourself. I think that you need to have a serious question time with yourself first and think about your future, 'cause this is your future right here, right now. You're only engaged and he's treating you like a third wheel, how will it be when you're married????? I really don't see anything good coming out of this. I'm sorry, but I think you should cut him loose and move on. Good Luck.
I had a very similar situation in my life. My boyfriend was always wanting to have her and her daughter over for dinners, to go to the movies, etc. One weekend while we were at a cabin. I awoke to find he wasn't in bed anymore and I got such a knot in my stomach that I knew something was wrong. I walked out into the living room and they were sitting on the couch talking. As soon as she saw me she jumped up, said she was sorry and rushed into her room. She got her daughter and left. I went to him and asked what was going on. He couldn't sleep so he went into the living room area where she was up also. They had talked for a while but one thing lead to another and they ended up sleeping together. He said he didn't mean for it to happen but he had developed such strong feelings for her after spending so much time with her away from work and really getting to know her. He was hardly ever alone with her but I should have seen it coming because I was usually the third wheel for our little hang outs. My suggestion to you is that if you want to keep your relationship with him solid you have to let him know how you feel regardless of whether it leads to an argument or not. Is your relationship worth it or not. It is unhealthy for either one of you to have close opposite sex friendships. You are supposed to be each others best friends now. It is ok to have opposite sex accuantinces but it is just to unsafe to be that close when you are already engaged. I should have told him how uncomfortable I was but I didn't and I will always regret that. Just let him know your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment